Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Choosing to Be Happy!

It seems that everywhere I turn lately, I meet people who have CHOSEN to be Happy! It is as though with the challenge to survive that is so much a part of our current scene, we have stepped up to the task and begun to be grateful for what we have. I remember several years ago, when I was wishing I had a new living room suite, and at some point I realized that with a good cleaning and some colorful throw pillows, . . . .it well,.........it would do fine. Actually, it proved to be one of those ah ha moments when I looked around at what I had and said to myself. . . . "How dare I ask God for more if I am not taking care of what I have". This little mantra has become an important part of my thinking over the years. It was an important lesson for me to learn and plays a huge role in my gratitude experience.

3 comments:

  1. It is indeed wise to be positive and grateful. To be demanding and complaining all the time as if the world owe you everything is an exercise in futility, guaranteed to invite more disenchantment and disorder in one's life..Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How dare I ask God for more if I am not taking care of what I have"

    what a wonderful quote.

    xhenry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stoney, for the edification and the admonition! I was just thinking about this very thing earlier today. Happiness is, indeed, a choice. Amen.

    ReplyDelete