Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Choosing to Be Happy!

It seems that everywhere I turn lately, I meet people who have CHOSEN to be Happy! It is as though with the challenge to survive that is so much a part of our current scene, we have stepped up to the task and begun to be grateful for what we have. I remember several years ago, when I was wishing I had a new living room suite, and at some point I realized that with a good cleaning and some colorful throw pillows, . . . .it well,.........it would do fine. Actually, it proved to be one of those ah ha moments when I looked around at what I had and said to myself. . . . "How dare I ask God for more if I am not taking care of what I have". This little mantra has become an important part of my thinking over the years. It was an important lesson for me to learn and plays a huge role in my gratitude experience.