Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Word for the 2009 Word Contest: "Happiness"

Happiness! What time in our current history would the word "Happiness" be more appropriate and needed! I love the word because it truly is a choice and attainable by all. It's a matter of perspective. Have you ever gone to bed at nite worried about a particular issue and then the next morning, you woke to find it not quite so worrisome. What changed? the situation is still the same but your perspective changed. To me that is what happiness is all about. A conscious choice to look at the bright side, to be hopeful to see the glass half full. Personally, I find it difficult to talk about Happiness without mentioning "gratitude". Gratitude has propelled my happiness factor and I believe it is life changing! Gratitude begins with the little things . . . for me it's good coffee beans and sunlight and cloud formations and pretty orange pumpkins and smiles on little childrens' faces and watching my animals play together and hummingbirds at the feeder and my daffodils pushing up thru the cold soil and sunsets and music that resonates inside me and rainy days on a screened in porch and feeling the crunch of a fresh apple and being able to see birds fly and parades and soft breezes blowing thru my hair . . . . . . . . .well you get it - the list is long . . . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post I love it. It's true happiness depends on us Only the pursuit of happiness can lead us to happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Sandi. We must appreciate all that we have in order to be truly happy. It's only when we are consumed with gratitude that happiness can flow in easily, radiating positive energies from within us to attract more and more goodness in life. That's the Law of Attraction!

    ReplyDelete